Lice Protection with FairyTales Rosemary Conditioning SprayJuly 25, 2018
Burn the Damn Cape – with Vicki Savini 8/16/18July 31, 2018
Summer is at its peak and most of us don’t even want to think about the cooler weather coming around the corner! However, now is the ideal time to start a preventative care routine using Dandelion.
The Benefits of Dandelion
Dandelion is one of our planets most amazing medicinal herbs. Most of our lawns are full of them, and we spend so much time trying to eradicate nature’s medicine. This year, save a few to aid in boosting your immune system!
Dandelion can help with:
- Boosting your immunity
- Preventing some common illnesses
- Increasing liver and kidney function
- Detoxify your system
Dandelion Salad Recipe
This recipe that you can use to incorporate more Dandelion into your diet, comes from Martha Stewart.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 cups (4 oz) dandelion greens, large leaves torn in half
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Place dandelion greens in a salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over greens, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Don’t be afraid to throw in some of the dandelion flowers as well for an added crunch!
Easy Dandelion Flower Tea Recipe
A simple Pinterest search will show you plenty of different ways to make your own Dandelion tea, but one of the simplest ways to do it to just pour hot water over the Dandelion flowers!
- 8 Dandelion Flowers
- 12 oz. Boiling Water
- Honey (for taste)
- In your favorite mug, gently pour in your hot water and a stir in your desired amount of honey or sweetener.
- Place your Dandelion flowers in a tea strainer and strain in your mug for at least 5 minutes.
Of course, there are a number of ways to add this herb into your diet – just choose your favorite and reap the benefits!